Things to do
Kingston and Arthur’s Vale Historic Area (KAVHA) has something for everyone:
- Explore or take a guided tour* of the convict ruins in the World Heritage area of Kingston.
- Learn about the island's history at the Norfolk Island Museum.
- Research your convict ancestry and family tree at the Research Centre in Kingston.
- Stroll through or take a guided tour* of the cemetery—a unique historical cemetery that has been in use since c. 1798.
- Watch the unloading of the cargo boats, which continues the centuries-old tradition of using lighters to bring supplies to the island at the Kingston Pier.
Car Landing — Kingston — Henry Spencer-Salt, 1935.
Source: National Library of Australia (Bib ID 2010819)
- Enjoy a picnic or BBQ at the onsite picnic table and BBQs.
- Experience a variety of events that take place at KAVHA throughout the year.
- Stroll through the carefully conserved landscape to experience the magic of a walk back through time.
- Swim, snorkel, paddle or surf in the clear waters and reefs of Emily and Slaughter Bays.
Emily Bay. Photograph: Rob Nisbet
* Tours at KAVHA are conducted by private tour operators and can be booked through Norfolk Island Tourism.